Looking for a dog friendly holiday cottage in Bude? As dog-owners ourselves we are well-aware that many people love to take their dogs with them on holiday but there aren’t many dog-friendly holiday cottages in Bude. At the Beach Haven, we welcome up to three dogs.
The enclosed, and totally secure, back garden has a special dogs-only area and a composting waste bin is provided. A water bowl, dog blanket and dog towels are also supplied but it is recommended your also bring your own.
There are plenty of beaches in the area that allow dogs all year round and an abundance of footpaths, cliff paths and open country that your dog will adore! Please take care near cliff edges though! The Beach Haven sleep up to 8 people in 4 bedrooms but out of season, the property is based on a price for 4 people so you get all the space with much less cost! It’ is just a short, ten-minute stroll to dog-friendly beaches, National Trust clifftops and Bude town centre. Also within a few minutes walk are dog-friendly cafes and pubs.
Should you wish to go off without your dog, we may be able to provide dog sitting and/or walking, by prior arrangement. Finlay will be delighted to show your dog all the places to sniff out!
We have made a few special provisions for dogs and just a few house rules to keep everyone happy.
- We know that at home our dogs can become a little too familiar and we sometimes turn a blind eye to rules like ‘no snuggling on the furniture’! When they’re are away from home it can be difficult to impose new rules so if your dog insists on having a cuddle with you on the sofa, please bring some throws/towels with you which we ask you to pop on the sofa first.
- Because we pride ourselves on the quality of our bed-linen, we do insist that dogs are not allowed on the beds. If your dog likes to share your bed, then we ask you to bring your own bedding. However, they are welcome to sleep in the bedroom with you if they wish 🙂
- Although Bude is one of the driest places in the country, even here the paths can get muddy and our four-legged pals are only too ready to have a wallow! Fortunately you are never far from a stream or beach to wash the worst off but, new for 2017, we have an outside shower which we ask you to use to wash off the worst of the mud and sand. We have lots of dog towels for you to use which can be found in the doggie-box in the outside store.
- We supply bio-degradable poo-bags on arrival. Please use the various bins provided throughout the locality when out on a walk. (We have a note of the locations in our Holiday Handbook). If your dog makes a mess in the garden, (and we do have a special doggy area set aside for this) please use the scoop provided and pop it in the composting dog loo located by the compost heap. (In this instance don’t bag it first!)
- We have a super-duper Dyson ‘Animal’ hoover which makes light work of picking up dog hairs on the carpets, please feel free to use this during your stay and before departure as not all our guests have animals.
- We have a special doggie-box with spare towels, dog toys, a spare collar and lead and some temporary dog-tags. Please make sure they are all returned cleaned and dried at the end of your stay. There is also a Petware washbag to prevent dog hairs in the washing machine which we ask you to use.
- If you must leave your dog alone we would prefer that this is done in the outside store or in the kitchen. As The Beach Haven is in a quiet residential area, we request that you don’t leave your dog alone if they are anxious barkers. We may well be able to doggy-sit for you should you wish to go out for a restaurant meal and would much rather do this than have our neighbours upset. Please just ask
Bude is a very dog-friendly holiday town
Bude is well endowed with dog-friendly places to eat and drink and our guest brochure has a full list of suggestions along with details of the best local walks, location of dog-bins and any potential hazards (such as sheer cliffs or livestock). With wide expanses of sand, rock-pools, wide open cliff tops, the sea to splash in along with lots of scenic inland walks, your dog will have the holiday of their lifetime at our dog friendly holiday cottage in Bude!
Dog friendly holiday cottage in Bude
There’s a great new site been launched called Dog Friendly Cornwall with some fun and useful pages such as these: